Friday, August 13, 2010

Wildman Training: Move up to the Elite

      John Grube is a wildman, plain and simple.  He has advanced bodyweight exercise to the next level.  On his website, WildmanTraining.com, he has designed training to move the athlete from in shape to the elite.  I can testify personally.  A regiment based on burpees and burpees' steroid pumped cousin, the 8-count bodybuilder left me sucking air with my heart pounding out of my chest.  In Grube's 8-count bodybuilder ladder, you do bodybuilders from 15 decending down to 10, alternating with jumping jacks ascending from 25 to 50.  When I did it, I found that the jumping jacks were my rest!  Is that your idea of resting?  The announcement of a John Grube circuit always brings groans from the soccer players and wrestlers who I condition, and more groans while they're exercising!
      John also has plenty of workouts designed to strengthen areas of the upper and lower body.  My favorite is his wall walk for strengthening shoulders, in which you execute a series of presses while walking your feet up a wall until you are pressing yourself upside down.  This exercise is great to bulid up to handstand push ups as well as a safe way to get to and from the inverted position for those strong enough to execute handstand push ups.
     Grube makes elite exercise completely portable because the only equipment used in Wildman Training is the ocasional wall, tree, pole, or table and the ultimate fitness machine, your body.  It's not for the feint.  Believe me, when you are ready for Wildman Training, it will be ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment